This is a recap of last Sunday’s message (April 23, 2017) as brought by Pastor Adriano Penteado..
Message: The Blessings Continue!
Main Verse(s): Deuteronomy 6:4-25
- God’s blessings for our lives are never-ending; they don’t have to stop / disappear.
- A “no” from the world is prohibition; a “no” from God is protection
- God has made promises on how He would bless us should we keep His ways.
God’s relationship with the Israelites demonstrate 3 conditions that are needed in order ensure His continual blessings:
Condition #1: Love God (v.5), love His words (v.6-9)
Love the Lord your God all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. (Deut. 6:5)
These commandments that I give you you today are to be on your hearts. (Deut. 6:6)
When love inhabits our life, blessings for ourselves and others are abundant.
Condition #2: Remain grateful (v.10-12)
Be careful you do not forget the Lord. (Deut. 6:12)
IMPORTANT: when God goes to move us, He starts with our stomach! The Israelites were given manna & quails daily once out of Egypt; God wanted them to depend on Him daily!
Condition #3: Be committed (v.25)
The Lord commanded us to obey all these decrees and to fear the Lord our God, so that we might always prosper and be kept alive, as is the case today (Deut. 6:24)
Commitment is displayed in various ways, including fearing of the Lord (v.13), serving Him diligently and respecting God without tempting Him the way the Israelites did at Massah (v.16)
Questions for Meditation:
- Do we doubt that God’s blessings continuous and without end in our lives?
- Are we as jealous for God and His presence as He is for us?
Join us every Sunday at 10:30am for our multilingual service!